13 Apr 2005

13/4

Back at college. We were talking about design and research using tons of MASSIVE words including....existentialism.
This is an area I have been trying to avoid of late as it gets me down, but just thought fine, might as well look into it (although it resulted in me assuming I'd realise theres no point in anything including fmp and just stop as everything is futile)
Yet doing some research I have realised existentialism isn't about death, but about life, and it is basically what you make of it. To stay away from the heard and THINK.

Havn't read anything like it, didn't really even know much about the authors and philosophers, but now I have started researching them as it is what I believe in. This will also sort of relate to the original brief as there is a story by Sartre called nauseum, which is along the same lines (except way better obvioulsy) of a person being confused and disgusted by their own existance.

Was thinking of perhaps finding a story that already exists and animating or illustrating it, as this would be acceptable. Realise am leaving this a little (very) late
This is an article suggesting Charlie Brown has existentialist leanings (horrorified gasp!)
http://www.philosophynow.org/issue44/44radke.htm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home